A Textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines in SI Units By RK Rajput – Divided in two parts, “A Textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines” is one of the most exhaustive texts on the subject for close to 20 years. For the students of Mechanical Engineering, it can easily be used as a reference text for other courses as well. Important topics ranging from Fluid Dynamics, Laminar Flow and Turbulent Flow to Hydraulic Turbines and Centrifugal pumps are well explained in this book. A total of 23 chapters (combined both units) followed by two special chapters of ‘Universities’ Questions (Latest) with Solutions’ and ‘GATE and UPSC Examinations’ Questions with Answers/Solutions’ after each unit also make it an excellent resource for aspirants of various entrance examinations.
Students preparing for their university tests, or competitive examinations will find A Textbook Of Fluid Mechanics And Hydraulic Machines: SI Units to be of great help. Revising important concepts from the Highlights, and solving the problems sets will give candidates the opportunity to understand the material, revise it, solve questions, and test themselves. This will build confidence, and help to excel in the final examinations.
- Close to 1900 examples, figures, tables and chapter-end highlights aid to the concepts explained.
- Close to 1200 chapter-end questions for practice.
- University Questions, GATE & UPSC Examination Questions and Laboratory Experiments at the end of both parts add to the practice quotient of the students.
Part I – Fluid Mechanics
1. PROPERTIES OF FLUIDS
2. PRESSURE MEASUREMENT
3. HYDROSTATIC FORCES ON SURFACES
4. BUOYANCY AND FLOATATION
5. FLUID KINEMATICS
6. FLUID DYNAMICS
7. DIMENSIONAL AND MODEL ANALYSIS
8. FLOW THROUGH ORIFICES AND MOUTHPIECES
9. FLOW OVER NOTCHES AND WEIRS
10. LAMINAR FLOW
11. TURBULENT FLOW IN PIPES
12. FLOW THROUGH PIPES
13. BOUNDARY LAYER THEORY
14. FLOW AROUND SUBMERGED BODIES—DRAG AND LIFT
15. COMPRESSIBLE FLOW
16. FLOW IN OPEN CHANNELS
17. UNIVERSITIES’ QUESTIONS (Latest-Selected) WITH “SOLUTIONS”
Part – II Hydraulic Machines
1. Impact of Free Jets
2. Hydraulic Turbines
3. Centrifugal Pumps
4. Reciprocating Pumps
5. Miscellaneous Hydraulic Machines
6. Water Power Development
8. Universities’ Questions (Latest) with “Solutions”
9. GATE and UPSC Examinations’ Questions with Answers/Solutions (Latest-Selected)
A. Conventional Questions with Answers/Solutions.
B. Multiple-Choice Questions with Answers and ”Explanations”
- 1000 Important Physics MCQ Questions and Answers
- Year – 2020 Current Affairs Quiz Questions and Answers
- 1000 Important Indian Geography MCQ Questions and Answers